Wednesday, May 07, 2008

New kitchen carpet

We got the new carpet for the kitchen/laundry room/bathrooms. Here are some pics - and remember, there are no pictures or shelves on the walls yet, or china in the new green hutch (which the bottom half was my childhood dresser). I don't know that this is how we'll decorate, but this is how I put things back in whilst lady Jane was at class last night.

This is looking from the kitchen into the laundry room and the back bathroom. We decided to go with the "empty nest" table - up against the wall, with only two chairs. And someday Carrie may take her wild looking overstuffed chair that she got from Grandma, but I don't think it looks too bad there.

This is the view of the "kitchen proper," I guess. Notice I have my blog displayed on the computer. :) We're hoping for a new refrigerator sometime. This one still works, but it's a little on the smallish side (and makes funny noises). We're running out of picture space too.

I am glad that's all done. I was actually able to get the car in the garage last night! I still need to put new cove along the baseboard in the laundry room and back bathroom, but... it's good enough for now.

5 comments:

MR said...

I've always wanted to be able to pull an easy chair up to the refrigerator and just look in there for a while... I'm getting tired of watching TV.

"hmmm... Hellman's, but no Miracle Whip... I wasn't expecting that."

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love what you did with the furniture. And I can take the chair whenever. I was thinking of re-arranging my bedroom but the door to the outside makes things difficulty. Oh well.

The carpet looks really good too. I wasn't sure what it would be like but I like it. Open spaces are awesome....

but, most importantly, how does Bogey feel?

dan said...

MR,
Yes, refrigerator watching is especially exciting when things start growing in there.

Carrie,
No hurry on the chair as far as I'm concerned. And I think Bogey liked the carpet okay. At least he didn't pee on it or anything. Mostly he's just glad to have some semblance of normalcy back.

Anonymous said...

DAD!! Your blog plays music! haha, my speakers were turned up really loud after just trying to listen to the audio cd of the last summit. David Crowder just belted out up here. Ha ha.

how do you do that?

dan said...

Pretty cool, huh. :)

I stumbled across a blog that had that Crowder song playing, and fell in love with it. In trying to find it, I just created my own music thing.

If you click where it says "Create Your Free Playlist" it will take you to where you can do your own. I think it's actually a Myspace thing.

The hard part is trying to decide what songs to put on; and then making sure the song they have is what you wanted. I've found a few bugs in their system. But it is pretty cool. Glad you like it!