Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To emerging and beyond...

I have heard talk lately of Scot McKnight and Dan Kimball spearheading some kind of new movement, sort of for those who are 'emerging' but not necessarily 'emergent' (I think; maybe; I dunno). It has something to do with the Lausanne Covenant, which I have heard of, but am linking here because I don't know that much about it and should probably give it a read sometime.

Anyway, I guess I am interested to see what Scot and Dan work out, because I have a great deal of respect for the two of them. I have actually met Scot, and emailed a few times, and we both came from north-central Illinois; and Dan has been kind enough to comment on my blog before, and we share similar tastes in music, and I have always admired the way he patiently explains things and his commitment to evangelism. So I am anxious to see what they come up with.

I wish we could just be called 'Christians' or 'Christ-followers' though. But I suppose that's a bit too idealistic. Just don't call me Shirley. We'll see what's next.

2 comments:

MR said...

I wouldn't think of calling you Shirley. You're more of a Doris.

dan said...

Doesn't that rhyme with a part of the body?