Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quote of the day

I subscribe to this thing called Christian Quotation of the Day. Each day I get an email with a Bible verse meditation, a quote, and a brief reflection sentence. Sometimes I find it helpful to take small bites like these and chew on them throughout the day, rather than trying to cram my head full and hope some of it sticks. Here are a couple examples.

Yesterday's was...
Meditation:
The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.
-- Matthew 13:22 (NIV)

Quotation:
Our Adversary majors in three things: noise, hurry and crowds. If he can keep us engaged in "muchness" and "manyness," he will rest satisfied.
...Richard J. Foster

Quiet time reflection:
Lord, keep the enemy's distractions away, and fill my heart with Your word.


The day before was...
Meditation:
I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints--but let them not return to folly.
--Psalm 85:8 (NIV)

Quotation:
The trouble with nearly everybody who prays is that he says "Amen" and runs away before God has a chance to reply. Listening to God is far more important than giving Him your ideas.
...Frank Laubach (1884-1970)

Quiet time reflection:
Lord, I hear Your voice.

Peace out; and in.

5 comments:

Jim L said...

These are exactly what I needed right now. Thanks for posting them, Dan.

Anonymous said...

I 2nd that...

JAH said...

Perfect stuff for my lunch today...so I third it.

dan said...

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome.

Glad you enjoyed them.

MR said...

Dan, this was terrible... could you post something else?

Okay, not really, I just don't want you to feel patronized. Or, in your case, Pasteurized.