Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Hmmm

Yeah, I should never get excited about anything. So far this morning I've had two phone calls from people celebrating Obama's victory. And, yes, as you know I am glad he won, but by no means do I think it's cause for a national holiday. It's just Wednesday after all.

But I just had someone come in and tell me they are leaving the church because I voted for Obama. And it's someone I've always considered a friend and someone who I often looked to for support and advice and have a great deal of respect for. There is no other reason for their leaving, but they said they just couldn't attend church here anymore knowing I supported Obama. I am bummed.

I tried to convince them that I don't agree with him on everything, and that I don't envision ever talking about him on Sunday mornings, and that I thought they were maybe overreacting a bit, and I asked them to give it some time and to pray about it. But they seemed to have their mind made up.

sigh...