Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I feel rotten

Yesterday I went from feeling groovy-great to having a stinking, rotten head cold in a matter of seconds. Nothing serious, just your normal runny nose, watery eyes, scratchy throat, feel-rotten-all-over stuff. I don't remember the last time I was sick.

I should have known something was up because Monday I actually did 5 miles again on the treadmill. After taking a week off awhile back I've been having a hard time getting back up to speed. I've only been doing 3-4 miles a day. And after doing the 5 on Monday I was kinda sore afterward, which I'm usually not. Then, yesterday morning though, I felt GREAT. In fact, I almost wrote about it, but I knew if I did I would regret it. Yep. I went home for lunch, and it's like as soon as I got up from eating I went from feeling great, to not being able to stop sneezing and blowing my nose. I probably went through half a box of kleenex in the afternoon. I managed a nice and easy 3 miles on the treadmill before supper, and strangely enough my nose didn't run at all. But the minute I was done it was back to snot-faucet city. I took a shower and I was toast the rest of the night. I caked myself with vicks, took some drugs, and slept on the couch. I actually slept pretty good though.

Today I'm not as bad as yesterday afternoon, but I'm kinda tired and achy and feel all glossed over. Isaac will probably wish he wasn't coming home from school today. I sprayed everything down with lysol, so hopefully I can keep my germs to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was at Huntington and would get really snotty I would always go to the gym and try to run it off. For some reason that seems to do the trick. Unfortunately you can't do that 24 hours a day for about a week.

GET WELL SOON!