Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Just thinking...

Some random thoughts on a cold, dreary Tuesday afternoon...
  • Bogie didn't bark when we went to bed last night, nor when Jane and I left the house this morning. I always hate it when he does, but... it's just not right when he doesn't. I suppose it's no fun having to sit in the snow to go to the bathroom either. He doesn't have use of his back legs at all anymore. Could be a long winter.
  • I finished "Invitation To A Journey" this morning. I have 2 more posts to run, but I'll spread them out. I think I'm going to start Walter Wink's "Jesus And Nonviolence." I also just got Dallas Willard's "The Divine Conspiracy." Looking forward to both (though I like Walter's better because it is 100 pages, instead of 400 like the other).
  • We had a nice weekend with both kids here for most of it (Isaac had to help with music at his church Sunday). We also had a nice time with old friends from back home (Keith & Shelley) who were here overnight Saturday.
  • I need to start on the annual reports for church sometime this week, and all the other end-of-the-year stuff. I think I'm going to boycott all my denominational stuff this year. What are they gonna do - ignore me?
  • I went to a nursing home for a visit this afternoon, and sat on the edge of someone's bed. For some reason I can still smell urine. I should probably go change before I completely gross myself out...