Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

All in all it was a pretty nice Easter weekend. We've had guests in the house since Carrie arrived Thursday night. Isaac and the parents left this afternoon, and I'm thinking Drew Carrie will be leaving sometime tonight. It's been nice having everyone here, but by Sunday evening I need to veg.

I always dread the Easter Egg Hunt (not that I'm against Easter Egg Hunts; I just don't like them the day before Easter). But we ended up having a beautiful day, and we had WAYYYY more kids than I anticipated. I think there were something like 35. Which is amazing considering we did NO advertising. And they were able to go outside and hunt for eggs too. Of course, someone always shows up late. I mean, don't people know that if you're not there for the beginning of an egg hunt you're kind of going to lose out? Anyway, I think a good time was had by all. Isaac showed up right after the egg hunt, and then my parents right after that. Saturday night Jane made a great supper for all of us, then we (minus Isaac) set up for Easter breakfast.

Sunday we had breakfast at 9 and worship at 10. I wasn't really expecting anything special, but I did make some extra bulletins just in case. Man, I was totally blown away by the crowd we had. There must have been just over 80 for breakfast judging by the number of chairs set up. And we had just about the perfect amount of food. Good thing Jane got extra biscuits, and had Drew get an extra can of gravy Saturday night. We ran out of fruit, had just a dribbling of biscuits and gravy, and one tin of egg casserole left. Then for the worship service we actually ran out of bulletins. And we were basically out of seats - other than the front one by the computer, which no one seems to want to sit in anymore. Someone said there were 21 kids in Jr. Worship (which is supposed to be for kids K-4th grade); and the nursery was packed. Just guessing I would say there were probably in excess of 120. It's been awhile since we've had that many. We went to Applebees for lunch, and were about the only people there.

It was a nice day, but I'm glad it's over. I don't think I got stressed about anything all day either. But now I'll be glad to get things back to normal. This week Jane's brother and his son, the doctor, are coming for a visit from Wednesday night through Sunday. Just enough time to catch my breath.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: