Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A continuous silent conversation

From Practicing His Presence, by Frank Laubach, p. 25:
Last year, as you know, I decided to try to keep the Lord in mind all the time. That was rather easy for a lonesome man in a strange land. It has always been easier for the shepherds, and the monks, and the anchorites than for people surrounded by crowds.

But today it is an altogether different thing. I am no longer lonesome. The hours of the day from dawn to bedtime are spent in the presence of others. Either this new situation will crowd God out or I must take Him into it all. I must learn a continuous silent conversation of heart to heart speaking with God while looking into other eyes and listening to other voices.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love this - I must take Him into it all. This is how it has to work in my crowded life.

dan said...

Glad you liked it.