Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dr. visit

I had to go back to the doctor yesterday for a re-check. I'd had another lipid profile done, so he was checking my cholesterol numbers, as well as seeing how the new bp med dose was working. I also had a skin irritation thingy. And he surprised me with a stinkin prostate exam. Argh.

I was actually really nervous about going for some reason. I was afraid my cholesterol numbers were going to be really bad. They weren't 'great', but they weren't bad either. And, fortunately, I had been checking my blood pressure regularly and keeping track on my blog. So I took those numbers in and he said they seemed okay. It must go up when I'm in the doctors office. But I also gained 5 stinking pounds. How the heck did that happen? Dang. Anyway, here's the lowdown...
  • Blood pressure - 124/90 (it was 138/90 when he upped my dosage)
  • Weight - 171
  • Total cholesterol - 230 (up from 221 a year ago; should be under 200)
  • Bad cholesterol - 152 (up from 150; should be under 130)
  • Good cholesterol - 34 (down from 35; should be above 40)
  • Tryglicerides - 218 (up from 174; should be under 200)
I also had him check out a skin thingy. He said it was no big deal, and typical for runners. He gave me a prescription for a balm. I also got a new script for my nasonex and allegra. When I went to the pharmacy I also refilled my lisinopril, so I had four prescriptions, and it was $50.

No comments: