Monday, May 18, 2009

Work day, movie night, Isaac's house

We had a work day at the church Saturday. It went really well. Had a lot of good help. It's nice having people who actually know what they're doing, and who also have the right tools to do what needs done. One crew built a new wall on the south end of the pavilion. Hopefully that will keep some wind out. Another crew built a ramp into the garage for the mower. Another crew worked inside cleaning the kitchen and the Sunday School rooms. All in all it was maybe one of the better work days we've had even though it rained off and on for most of the day.

I started about 8 am and left around 4 pm, took a shower, and Jane and I headed to the hospital to see the son of some people in our church. Then we made a beeline to the movie night house. We were about 10 minutes late, but they hadn't started yet. We watched the movie "Meet John Doe." I was not all that excited about it, because it was made in 1941, but it was a really good movie. I was amazed at how relevant it was to today. I highly recommend it. I think it has Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck in it, and was made by Frank Capra.

Then Sunday afternoon we converted the Buick into a truck and took a load of stuff down to Isaac's new house. He moved in last week and they're still in the midst of acquiring things. I took the back seat out of the car and we managed to get a dresser, kitchen table and chairs, vacuum cleaner, dishes, and a few various other items in. While there we bought them a toaster and some food. It's actually a pretty nice place. Kinda old, but pretty roomy. Three bedrooms and two bathrooms - though the one bathroom could use a little work. Should be a good place. I was mad because I meant to take the camera and I forgot. And it's Ave., not St. (note to self).

We got home around 8:30 or 9 and it seemed like the first time I'd sat down since Friday. And Jane has been hogging the computer working on her final paper. I'll be glad when that is done, though not near as much as she will be. So... yep, it's another Monday. I keep thinking any moment Bill Murray is going to show up.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: