Thursday, August 27, 2009

The most loving place - pt. 1

I'm reading The Most Loving Place In Town by Ken Blanchard & Phil Hodges. It's different than most of the books I read. I suppose it's a work of fiction, sort of. I think they call it "a modern-day parable." But it's an easy read, and I kinda like it so far. Nothing too heavy, but definitely worthwhile.

Some statements they list on p. 35 are good:
  • A few minutes of brutal honesty are worth years of self-deception.
  • God's love for me is bigger than any mistake or leadership miscue I can ever make.
  • Having safe-harbor accountability relationships is a vital antidote to the pressures and isolation of leadership.
  • Get out and about. Learn as you listen. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you fall in love with God's people again.

No comments: