Friday, August 28, 2009

Random abandom

I don't really even know what that means. But I know this is not going to be a very restful day. Because...
  • Daughter Carrie officially started her new job today. She had to be in Elkhart at 7:25 this morning - which meant leaving here shortly after 5 am. It is way too dark at that time of day to be doing anything. At any rate, I hope it goes well for her. This is her first day of sharing with high school classes. She will be at this particular high school the entire day, sharing the same thing with each class period. Then back on Monday to a different school. I am positive that she will do excellent. I just wish she didn't have to go to Elkhart. She will also be doing it around the Fort Wayne area - and I will feel much better about those trips.
  • Today I have another doctors appointment. I hate going to the doctor. And I have a feeling my blood pressure is going to be high, and that the doctor is going to want me to switch medicines. Which would be fine as long as it works, but I also hate switching bp meds, because it makes me feel weird until my body adjusts. Plus I am presently taking a rather inexpensive medicine, and I don't want to have to take something that's expensive.
  • After my doctors appointment I will have to race from South Anthony (on the east side of town) over to Lutheran Hospital (on the west side of town) because someone from church is having surgery. It will be close, but I'm hoping to be able to pray with her before she goes into surgery. She just called yesterday and told me they moved her surgery up, and I didn't have enough time to adjust my doctors appointment. At least it's not anything life-threatening, but still it is surgery.
  • I also have to go to Bluffton today to get our insurance check for Isaac's car (and remember to take the title). Apparently it is being covered under our un-insured motorist coverage instead of by the person who hit his car, so we have to pay a $500 deductible. I guess they are still investigating the accident and the fact that someone rear-ended Isaac's parked car, and then fled the scene (leaving their car too). Supposedly the guy that the car is registered to says he sold the car and that it wasn't him. He just doesn't know who he sold it to. So I doubt that they will ever find anything out. At least we will get about $1000 for the car.
  • And, as things go, just as soon as we get the money, we will have to fork almost the exact amount over to the IRS. And yesterday I had "one of those conversations" with our soon-to-be-ex tax lady. Last week we received a call from her office admitting that she had made a mistake on our 2007 taxes and that they would pay the penalty for us. Yesterday she called me and told me they "couldn't" pay the penalty, but that she would just do our taxes for free next year. And she had the audacity not only to never admit to making a mistake (she says it must have been her computer software that messed up) but then she started accusing me of things! What!?! Anyway, it was just her typical way of trying to move the discussion away from the fact that she might have been wrong, and as she does every time any of us speak to her, she tried to in some way belittle me (or whoever she is talking to). I tell you, this lady is rude, inconsiderate, domineering, and, really, nothing but a b*****. So I'm in the market for a new tax person, and I'm hoping the church will hire someone else too. I don't know of anyone who likes this lady. And I don't know why we've waited this long to change. I'm getting all riled up just thinking about it again.
  • Sometime today I need to clean the house and mow and take care of some weeds. However it looks like it's going to rain, so the outdoor stuff will have to wait.
  • Tonight will be date night though... and if you are married and do not take a date night - you should be shot. Well, maybe not shot, but you need to take a date night. Just the two of you, find a place to eat, go do something afterwards - a movie, listen to some music, take a stroll, go shopping... whatever. We have done it every Friday for as long as I can remember (which isn't really saying much - I can't remember very long). But it's something that we've been able to maintain fairly well. The biggest problem is when there is a wedding and Friday is usually the night of the rehearsal. But we can still get away after that.
  • Well, I have probably wasted enough time. I need to take a shower; maybe brush my teeth. Time to get going.
Peace out; and in.

1 comment:

JAH said...

I am so thankful for date night...