Monday, August 24, 2009

Random thoughts # one more

Man, I feel like somethin'... I'm just not sure what. Nothin' much to say but these few fragments.
  • So, I fell asleep while praying this morning, and the tree trimmers at the neighbors woke me up. Took me awhile to figure out what the noise was.
  • I hurt my knee somehow yesterday. I can't imagine it was from walking on the treadmill the other day, but I don't know what I would have done. I've had problems with my knees being sore before, but this feels more like an injury of some sort. It's on the inside and back of my right knee.
  • I started two new books today. One is a loaner from Isaac: New Light From Old Stories, by Leslie J. Hoppe; and the other is The Most Loving Place In Town, by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges. The first one is a little heavier than the second, but both of them seem pretty good.
  • Yesterday we took communion by intinction. We have done it that way before on special occasions, but I don't think we ever have on a Sunday morning. I like doing it that way. I think it best represents that Jesus gave his life for each of us as individuals, but calls us to live in community as one. All-in-all it was a pretty nice morning. It was also the first time Jane and I led us in singing 'Give Me Jesus.'
  • I still can't decide what to do with the shaking-hands-after-our-worship-gatherings thing. I haven't done it for several weeks, and no one has said anything to me, but it feels really weird to me. I don't think I like it. I feel like I'm missing out on something.
  • Saturday night we went to the library to hear 3 bands - one covering Grateful Dead music, one covering Bob Dylan music, and one covering The Police music. We didn't stay for the last one because it was freaking cold. Other than the weather it was a great night to be downtown though. There was a baseball game, the music outside the library, and the mardi gras-type party on Columbia Street. There were people everywhere, but, like I said, it got oddly cold for an August evening. I should have brought a coat. Anyway, it was great seeing all the hippies at the library. I wish I were a hippy.
  • Someone put a purple flamingo in our yard last night. I think it has something to do with raising money for alzheimers, but I haven't read the thing hanging around its neck yet. I'm not really a good person to ask for donations.
  • Jane starts a new class tonight. Of course she had to go in early for a meeting today too. I think this job she has now has more meetings than any place I have ever known of. And they're all outside of working hours. I'm glad I can meet with my boss any time and any place.
  • I'm not in a particularly bad mood today, but not really a good one either. Kind of indifferent.

2 comments:

Shell said...

You guys should stop by some night when you are downtown. I live about 3 blocks from the library.

JAH said...

Is it too late for "hippiness" in our life?? :)