Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving day

This was a one-of-a-kind Thanksgiving this year, what with the wedding and all. I didn't get up until 7:30 yesterday. Jane made this delicious sausage and egg casserole thing. Jane, Carrie and I were all up early and busy as bees. They were baking and I started work finishing up the programs for the wedding. Son Isaac didn't get out of bed until 1 pm or so.

Around 10 Jane and I ran to Ossian and got a few items we forgot for cooking. After dropping them off at the house we headed to Nadeans to get the cookies she made to put in the gift bags for our guests staying at the hotel. I finished up some laundry and ran over to the church to borrow a couple of crock pots. I also picked up my tux from the church so I could try it on (fits perfect). I vacuumed the carpet and hung a shelf in the bathroom. Then waited for my parents to arrive.

Drew came and picked up Carrie right before Isaac got out of bed, and the two of them went to his aunts house for lunch. Once Isaac woke up he started in on some of his laundry and ate breakfast. My parents arrived around 3 pm.

We watched football and chatted most of the day. Drew Carrie arrived back at our house and we had Thanksgiving supper shortly after 5 while watching the Cowboys game in the living room. Jane and Carrie made a superdelicious meal: turkey, two kinds of dressing, green bean casserole, carrot casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, rolls, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies, and... there was probably more but I stuffed myself so much it's all kind of running together.

We didn't do much the rest of the night. We finally had a toast for Drew & Carrie's engagement with some kind of good champagne Jane got. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Drew Carrie also gave us our gift for helping with the wedding (which wasn't at all necessary). They gave us a gift certificate for a couple massage at some place in FW. We could probably use that right about now. Later on we did some more decorating at the church, Jane and mom rolled silverware for tonights rehearsal dinner, Isaac went to Blockbuster and rented some movies, yada yada yada. All in all it was a nice Thanksgiving day even though it rained almost the entire day. At least it wasn't snow, and wasn't overly cold. Probably lingered in the 40's.

Today is a busy day getting ready for the wedding rehearsal tonight and waiting for more guests to start arriving. I have a list made for myself. Ready, set, go....

No comments: