Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not beyond, but deeper into

I saw this article a few weeks ago and accidentally erased it. After some digging I was finally able to find it again. 'The Everyday Gospel' by Tullian Tchividjian is so right on in my world. As stated,
"Maturity doesn't mean moving beyond the gospel, but more deeply into it."

Time after time I hear people say things like "I've already learned all there is to know," or "I've heard these stories my entire life," or something similar. What they mean is... "Isn't it time to move on yet?" The problem with most people like this is, yes, they've heard the stories... but they have yet to LIVE them. They have yet to be TOUCHED by the Gospel. They have yet to KNOW God. Anyway, I wanted to save this article. I highly recommend you click through and give it a read. It's short - maybe one page - and will be worth your while.

Peace out; and in.

1 comment:

JAH said...

"The answer to sin, he says, isn't to try harder, but to comprehend more fully and clearly Christ's incredible work on the cross—then to live in more vital awareness of that grace day by day."

Good article.