Saturday, April 10, 2010

Car shopping

I tried to do a little car shopping by myself yesterday. Jane had to work all day, so I thought I could at least whittle the list down some.

I only drove 4 cars: an '07 Ford Focus, an '07 Ford Fusion, an '08 Honda Civic, and an '08 Saturn Aura. We have told ourselves several times that we would never buy another Ford, and that we didn't want another silver vehicle, but... I did like both the Fords (the Fusion only has 10,000 miles on it). And I have never known much about Saturn's, but the Aura was really nice too. I have to say, I did not like the Civic AT ALL though. It is a nice looking car, and a fairly good deal, but I just didn't like the interior. The speedometer is clear up under the windshield rather than on the instrument panel where normal people put it. It was a sunny day and I could hardly read it some of the time.

Anyway, I felt pretty good about all the test drives - and the salesmen I worked with were great. I never came close to freaking out even once. However, after taking m'lady out for supper we decided to drive through some lots and look around some more. I am not sure we have the same taste in vehicles. :) Plus we saw SEVERAL more that looked appealing. There was a Malibu Maxx, a small Dodge SUV of some kind, several Toyota Matrix's, a Scion xD, and the Kia Soul and Kia Forte both look nice should we decide to go with something new.

Ugh... my head was spinning by the time we got home at 10:30. I wish money and practicality did not have to be considerations. But I think that's the reality of the situation for most people. At any rate, it has gone much better than I anticipated so far. We may have to fork over a little cash to keep the rental car longer than the insurance company is paying for, but I would rather do that than rush into making a decision before I'm ready. So... today is another day. I am borrowing one and picking Jane up from work in it later today. Then maybe driving a couple more. Fun, fun, fun! :)

No comments: