Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First mowing of the year

Last night I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. I didn't start until 6 pm, and was just going to do a little bit - just to make sure the mower was working well and everything - but before I knew it it was 8 pm and I was done. Two hours is a new record, I do believe! Although the first mowing is always the fastest, because not all the grass needs cut yet. And it did mow nice - what with the sharpened blades and everything all greased up and ready to roll.

I had actually been trying to put off mowing. I didn't do the first cut until April 24 the last two years in a row. But the neighbors have all mowed, and the one across the street has mowed 2 or 3 times already. I knew they were hoping I would do it soon.

I did mow high - 4". I would like to keep it a little higher this year to try to keep the weeds down, but will probably lower it eventually. I need to check last year's blog posts and see what height I was mowing at then.

Anyway, I guess the party has started. Whoop-de-doo.

No comments: