Saturday, April 17, 2010

Five miles

I FINALLY worked my way back up to running 5 miles on the treadmill. I think it was sometime early last summer I hurt my leg or something (can't remember now) and had to cut back. It has seemed a forever and grueling working of my weary bones back up to speed. I have recently been going over 4 miles on a regular basis, and yesterday finally hit 5. I am also back to running 4 or 5 days a week too. Usually 60 minutes at a time - if I have the time. Next up is possibly trying to do some weight work. Not to be Mr. Muscle Man, but more to displace some of my body weight, and maybe add some strength. At one time I had a goal of trying to run a 100 meter race again. There is no way I could do that in the kind of shape I'm in now. I need a lot more strength. Not that it's necessarily a goal anymore, but... you know... old men need dreams too.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: