- I was almost totally blown away the other night when Jane mentioned it being 4/20. I hadn't even realized it (and never really even knew what this was until recent years). What blew my mind was the fact that I put on a Bob Marley t-shirt that day - and I don't even remember the last time I wore it; if I have even worn it before. It might have been one of Isaac's shirts that I confiscated. Anyway, I just thought that was... interesting. Not that I'm a partaker. It has been a long, long, long time; and I have no desire to return there.
- Interesting list of '15 Reasons Why People Won't Return To Your Church A Second Time.' Not sure I agree with all of them. I think we do good with several of these, but I wish we were much better at some others.
- Have you noticed all the new names for churches people are using? There is a list of 129 "cool" church names on this post, "A Church By Any Other Name..." None of them are quite as cool as the ones I had picked out when I was going to plant: 'Crying Stones Church' for one. Though, if I had it to do over, I think I would stick with something a little more traditional... like "First Church of the Holy Blood" or something. :) Haha. No, seriously, I would probably just go with some type of community church or something like that.
- There are some incredible pictures of the fallout from Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano HERE. All I can say is... wow. I simply cannot imagine what it would be like.
- And, speaking of Illinois football... The Fighting Illini spring game is this Saturday. You know, and I've always liked Ron Zook... but to be honest, I've always questioned his abilities as a head coach. Even though - and I'm serious as a heartbeat - I remember the day he got fired at Florida, thinking that the Illini should hire him... and then they did. But, I mean, he seems like a great guy, but this article explains a lot. Now that he's essentially had all his coaching duties taken away and is more just the "face" of the team, it seems so obvious that he never did know how to coach. It's like he never knew that coaches should be demanding, or should "teach" how to play football; and I can't believe they've never had a summer program for the players! Like... no wonder! Coach Zook has always been a great recruiter; maybe now that they've turned the offense and defense over to the coordinators the Illini might actually do something.
- I have not gotten back into the mowing routine yet. Ugh. I am sore today.
- It's NFL Draft - Day 1 - today. This used to be kinda like Christmas to me. I still think it's pretty exciting, but I don't need to sit in front of the tv for the whole thing anymore.
- I think I like our new car (the Focus) more than any other car we've had. It is just so dang nice to drive. Who'da thought?
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Random is as...
I've noticed that the more time I spend with Facebook has really cut down on my random thoughts on my blog (though that may be changing with another round of FB changes). I feel kind of bad about that, and sometimes feel like the great betrayer to good ol' 12ddm. Plus I have almost two entirely different circles on the two (though there is a little crossover). At any rate... I have a few extra moments today, so here are some randomlies: