Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cohort meeting

Yesterday was my monthly MLI Cohort Meeting. We met at Perkins restaurant in Anderson (on Scatterfield). I thought it worked out nice since they have a back room you can reserve, so we had a spot that was removed from everyone else. Anderson also seems to be centrally located for our furthest members. I think it was about a 3 hour drive for Eddie, and also for Jim & Candice (from opposite directions). Ryan and I were both about an hour and 15 minutes away. Unfortunately one member wasn't able to be there, which was discouraging because that makes 2 of the last 3 meetings, and I miss his input, plus just the whole 'community building' aspect. But I know how these things go.

At any rate, Jim & Candice drove from Findlay to my place, then we rode together the rest of the way. So it was nice to chat with them on the way down and back. Eddie drove his new $1200 convertible from Sullivan. Afterward the three of us in my car stopped by the Exodus House and got a tour from son Isaac - though we interrupted him from tearing down the north fence.

The meeting started at 11 am, and our discussion was to center around new metrics regarding facilities and technology. There's not a lot you can say about those two, especially when two of our members aren't pastors, so we didn't seem to have a lot to talk about yesterday. I think we were done about 1:30. I had a turkey club and french fries to eat, and shared a couple pots of decaf coffee with Eddie.

Other than that... not much to say. Last night we drove around and looked at some houses.

No comments: