Friday, August 27, 2010

Mowing and a family tincaps game

I mowed yesterday (decided to combine it with another thought - though I know my mowing posts are thrilling in and of themselves). It's amazing how much things can change in a week. The grass was dry and the ground hard, but it made for a quick, easy mowing. I went north/south. 2 hrs, 10 minutes. I have a feeling things will start to slow down a little now; although there is a pavilion booking next weekend, so I will probably need to mow whether it really needs it or not.

We also took in a Tincaps game last night - with the ENTIRE FAMILY (minus Lady the dog). Son Isaac was still home, and Drew Carrie went too. We even got seats! It was Isaac's first game at Parkview Field. And what a nice night. I wore long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, and I was still cold before the night was over. There was a good crowd, but not near what they were like earlier in the summer - especially for a "Thirsty Thursday" (this was the last one of the year, btw). At any rate, we saw a number of people we knew... possibly more than at any other game we've attended.

Other than that... it is Friday. I think the boy is heading back to his home today. I think this is the longest he's been 'home' since he first went off to college. Too bad his mouth hurt for most of it. The wisdom teeth absence seems to be going fine, by the way.

Peace out, my friends; and in.

No comments: