Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Clean carpet and new furniture

Yesterday we had our carpet cleaned. The living room, hallway, and spare bedroom. We've cleaned them before with one of those steam vacuum's, but this time we had it professionally done. It made a difference. They also added the carpet protector, so hopefully it will stay cleaner a little longer.

We moved everything out of the bedroom and most of the stuff out of the living room on Monday night. Yesterday morning we moved out the recliner, chair, and tv. So when Mr. Kleenit arrived there was no furniture to go around whatsoever. He got here at 9 am, and was done by 10 am. That was pretty quick, I thought; but he did a nice job.

I was at the church, and when he got done he came over and says, "Well, there were some spots where you must have tried to clean things yourself, and when I put our chemicals on it, it just bleached the carpet in those areas. I tried to fix it, but there's not much you can do." He said we could go over and look at it, but I figured there wasn't anything that could be done at this point, so I told him not to worry about it. After he left I went over, and there was really only one spot; and it was already bleached out. So I was happy about that. I expected it to be much worse.

I moved the tv back yesterday evening before the council meeting, because Sons of Anarchy was on last night and not only did we want to watch it, but we also needed to tape episode 2 (from season 3). So, even though the carpet was still a little damp, we were able to move 2 chairs back in last night and not have to miss our current favorite show (though I'm starting to have my qualms about it).

Now we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new couch and chair today! It is supposed to be delivered sometime between 2:45 and 4:45. We will probably wait until after that to put the rest of the furniture back.

I woke up with a headache this morning from the carpet chemicals though. I'm sure it's only temporary.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: