Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving day 2010

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving this year. We woke up to some dense fog, but it was much warmer in the morning than when we went to bed the night before. It was just Jane and I until Isaac arrived around 11 am. Carrie and Lady got here around 12:30. Drew got here about 1. We ate a scrumptious meal around 1:30. We had a 20 lb. turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, 2 kinds of stuffing (because I prefer Stovetop and everyone else likes home-made), green bean casserole; carrot casserole (Carrie's), sweet potatoes, rolls, and two kinds of dessert: apple dumplings with ice cream, and pumpkin pie with cool whip. We also had a nice bottle of wine that was given to us by a nice friend. And we even ate at the table.

I limited myself to one helping, and therefore didn't feel like too much of a bloated pig when we reconvened in front of the tv to watch the Lions get humiliated before commencing with the post-turkey nap. I think we all slept except Jane. Then we watched the Saints/Cowboys game. We had dessert, and then supper (in that order) during this game. Then Drew, Carrie and Lady left. Isaac left after the game. Then it was just Jane and I again. We watched a bit of the Simpsons movie, until Modern Family came on. Then we watched a bit of James Bond, and we actually went to bed around 10:30.

That's pretty much it. Isaac did leave his Christmas list. All books. Now it's Friday, and I am here alone on my day off. I thought about working today, but... then what would be the point of having a holiday if I went ahead and worked on my day off. So... I don't know what I'll do. Probably doesn't matter.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: