Thursday, December 02, 2010

Dr. visit and snow and stuff

I had to go to the doctor again yesterday. Just my regular routine visit. Although, I was actually supposed to go Nov. 19 but completely spaced out about it. I was glad (and surprised) they didn't charge me for missing that visit.

Anyway, I had a 10:15 appointment, and sat in the waiting room until after 11. It was after 11:15 before I left. And, just like last time, the nurse came in and said I was next in line, then I heard her bring 2 new people into the room next to mine... and the doctor went in and saw the new people before he saw me!!! I think he's trying to get rid of me.

At least my blood pressure was good. It was 120/80. My weight, on the other hand, was not so good. I had gained 6 pounds since the last visit, and am now a lumbering 168.

I kind of just said in passing that my throat was a little sore, and it looked like I might have some drainage issues in my throat. The doctor looked at it and said it wasn't drainage, but that I had an infection. So he gave me a prescription for a z-pack. I don't remember the last time I was on antibiotics. And I really didn't feel all that bad; although I had been kind of tired this week, and had a rotten taste in my mouth. So hopefully I will be on the mend now.

Otherwise... we had our first significant snowfall of the year on this day. Not that there is a lot, but the ground is almost covered. Unfortunately it piled up in front of the entryway at the church. I was going to shovel it - since we had midweek meditation last night - but decided against it (you know, I'm sick and all). There were only 3 of us, so it didn't matter much anyway. Jane did say it was pretty slick coming home from Fort Wayne.

In other news... I did finally take the tags off my new coat. I also shaved with my old electric razor the other day - just to see if it still worked - and it feels like I took a wire brush to my face. Ouch. That was not a good idea. Now I remember why I quit using it. Although I'm thinking of getting a new one, because it's just such a pain to use shaving cream and all that. But it's a pain trying to maintain an electric razor too... so... maybe I should just quit shaving. Hmm. I think it makes me look older when I have a beard though, and I don't really need any help looking older. I dunno. We'll see.

Well, today our pastors group is going to go to a different restaurant. We have been alternating meeting at each of our churches, then on the fourth Thursday we would go to the coffee house in Ossian. Tom and I decided that it might be more missional of us to go to different places every week... and, you know, we're all about being missional (cough)... so today we are going to venture into Waynedale to a little place that we used to visit from time to time.

Ok, I've probably wasted enough time. I was up too early this morning. The stupid security place called again and woke us up at 5 am and I was never able to get back to sleep. Ugh. Not that the security place is stupid, but the alarm is stupid. As stupid as an alarm can be anyway, I guess.

Onward and upward (or downward, depending on your theological slant - which is probably mine). Peace out; and in.

No comments: