The service is officially known as "The Presentation of Children For the Lord's Blessing." We do this rather than baptizing babies (we believe in believer's baptism). In this service, children are set apart for the Lord; and the congregation joins with the parents in pledging themselves to raising the child in a Christ-honoring way. According to our handbook:
- We believe in the presentation of children for the Lord's blessing.
- We believe children are a gift of God.
- We believe children are a part of the covenant community.
- We believe parents are responsible for the spiritual nurture of their children.
- We believe the congregation is responsible for the spiritual nurture of children presented for the Lord's blessing.
- We believe we ought to follow Jesus in ministering to children.
Here are a couple pics...
Me, Jane (holding Anna), Isaac, Carrie, Drew