Friday, May 13, 2011

Keep on truckin' (repost)

I had a post up earlier about getting the truck fixed - and apparently Blogger has lost it. It was removed during their latest maintenance snafu, and was supposed to be put back up, but it never was. Anyway...

While I was in Ohio last week I had our mechanic do a little work on the '92 Ford Ranger. It had been running rough, had no power, idled really hard (you couldn't hold a cup of coffee while sitting at a stop sign), and when you got to 50-55 it started cutting out. I thought that's just how it was going to be, since it was such an old beater truck. But one day I was giving a friend a ride and he said his truck had been doing the same thing until he changed the plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor. So I had out mechanic do the same thing. The only problem was, he couldn't get the spark plugs out on one side, so he only changed three plugs, but did everything else. He said he 'could' work on getting the other three plugs out, but just doing what he did it made a WORLD of difference. It's like a brand new truck. It goes down the road just like normal, and idles fine, and doesn't cut out or anything. Super! I'm sure son Isaac will be happy to hear this. One of these days I will trade him the truck for the Buick again.

No comments: