Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MLI retreat #5

The fifth (of six) Missional Leadership Initiative retreats is this week. Once again we are meeting at the lovely Salt Fork State Park lodge with Reggie McNeal. I rode out with Tom and we didn't arrive until Monday night.

The retreat started at noon on Monday, and we normally would have left around 7 am (Tom, Steve and myself). However Tom had a funeral to do at 11 am, so I just waited until he got done with that and we rode out together. We only missed lunch and the first session. We made it just in time for supper. We arrived at 6:37 (after going through Columbus during rush hour) and people were still in the food line. Then we attended the evening sessions and our first cohort exercise. I finally started to wake up again about the time I was supposed to go to bed.

Steve didn't want to wait and come late, so he rode out with Bob E. on Sunday afternoon. Steve doesn't really like coming on Monday, but I would just as soon leave Monday morning, because I would rather spend another night sleeping with my wife instead of an extra night sleeping in the same room with another guy. Plus Sunday was Mother's Day, plus I hated for Tom to be the only one to arrive late.

Jane gave me a ride to the office on her way to work and I just waited there until Tom picked me up at 2:04. It took us 4 hours and 33 minutes to get here, with a stop for gas along the way.

Steve called just before we arrived, and he let me know that I had a different roommate. Not sure why we have to change roommates all the time, but the first night went ok. I roomed with Paul (who Steve roomed with the last two times), and Tom and Steve roomed together again (they had roomed together the first time).

So, it is now time for breakfast. That is one of the best things about these retreats - we always eat good. Not that there is anything wrong with the rest, but the food is almost always good.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: