Friday, December 16, 2011

Nothin' much, how 'bout you...

Nothin' much to say today. Just some randomlies while I watch the cat run around like a nut...
  • This week I was working on 3 different services: this Sunday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. Christmas Eve & day will be rather casual affairs, so it didn't get too overly confusing. Although, I guess all our Sundays are rather casual, so...
  • We usually do the same thing every year on Christmas Eve... sing some carols, read the Luke 2 Christmas Story, read a little ditty called "Why Jesus?" (otherwise known as "the man and the birds"), light our candles while singing "Silent Night", and sometimes we take communion. I decided to change things up just a little bit this year (but not much). Mostly we're singing some different carols. The one's we've sung the past few years are just not real easy to sing.
  • I wish there were more Advent Christmas songs. If you notice, almost all Christmas carols only work AFTER Christmas. There seem to be very few for before Christmas... even Christmas Eve.
  • We got our new recycling cart from the city yesterday. Apparently 70% of Fort Wayne residents are using them, and it has saved the city millions of dollars. It's an all-in-one cart, which means you can put all your recyclables - bottles, cans, cardboard, paper, whatever - all in the same container. I was amazed at just how many different things we could recycle. Shoot, we may not even need the regular garbage cart.
  • We also got all of our Christmas presents wrapped the other night. Well, all but 2. I had to get another box for one, and I will wrap it today; and Jane still needs to pick up one more thing. We used the big craft table in the basement room that we never use. It worked really good for wrapping gifts.
  • We also took family photos last Saturday. Isaac and Ricci came up for the day. We had a nice time. At the bottom is a full family photo. Drew seems to be standing off to the side because he was having to throw a toy out by the camera to get Anna to look at it (the pics were taken on a timer, so there was no one there to get her attention). Nice pic. Nice family.
  • I suppose I should start cleaning the house again. We are having everyone from Jane's office for a party at our house on Monday. That should be nice. After that (or maybe before) I need to go walk around the mall or something. I know I'm weird, but I actually like shopping. Well, not necessarily shopping - I hardly ever buy anything - but I like watching other people shop. I guess it somehow calms me down knowing that I am not the most frantic, restless person around. Or something.
  • I don't really know that I know anything anymore. And I'm starting to be ok with that. I kind of like the aging thing. I like that there are others who know all those things that need known. It makes it much more fun to just sit back and smile, and get down on the floor and play with Anna and her toys. Or something. I don't really know.
  • Here's the family pic (minus the cat and granddogs).

No comments: