Saturday, July 28, 2012

10+ miles; 143 lbs.

Yesterday I topped 10 miles for the first time in my life. I ran 10.66 miles in 1 hr. 40 minutes, then I walked another 3/4 of a mile to cool down. I think I hit 10 miles exactly at 1 hr. 32 minutes, which, oddly enough, is how long it took me to run 9.54 miles last week. I was happy to again do it in under 10-minute miles. I burned 1209 calories during the run.

It was a really nice morning too. Not at all hot. I'd say it was maybe 70 degrees or something. I covered basically the same course as last time: left the house and went down Lower Huntington to the Rivergreenway, went behind Safetytown/Walmart, headed back and went up to the Foster Park golf course, then I headed north and went to the entrance to Foster, then turned around and headed back to Lower Huntington and home. When I got into our neighborhood I had to do one entire loop around the outside, then I walked the loop again for the cool-down.

What's really odd is that I weighed myself before I ran and I was 148.4 lbs. I was disappointed, because that was heavier than I wanted to be. But we took a couple out for Mexican food last night so I wasn't surprised. However, I was surprised when I weighed myself after finishing and I was 143.0!!! I can't believe I lost over 5 lbs. running! I suppose it was mostly water weight, but still. The scale also said my body fat was 17%, but I don't know if that's real accurate or not.

Anyway, I am continuing to prep for the half marathon in September. I've been trying to do a normal 5-6 mile run on Mondays, work on my speed on Tuesdays (and run shorter), a normal run on Wednesdays, and a light 2-3 easy jog on Thursdays. Then I want to add a mile each Friday. So next week we'll shoot for 11 1/2 miles. I should probably walk on Saturdays, but the past couple I've taken both Saturday and Sunday off.

No comments: