Monday, October 29, 2012

My dad turned 80 and other news

Yesterday was my dad's 80th birthday. I guess he played 9 holes of golf in some rather cool weather, but that's what he wanted to do. I called him at half-time of the football game so as not to interrupt his afternoon.

My mom will turn 75 this week too. Which is when I will turn 50. And I didn't realize until recently that Isaac's girlfriend, Ricci, has a birthday on Oct. 30th.

Speaking of football... I think I have officially gotten over it. That had been my #1 sport of choice my entire life. In fact my life has pretty much revolved around pro football since as long as I can remember. But in recent years I just haven't been quite as into it, and now... I could almost care less.

I watched a little bit of the Cowboys game yesterday - I've been a Cowboys fan since 2nd grade - and at the end when it looked like they might actually win... nothing. I really didn't even care. I don't know if that's a result of the "Romo years" or if I've just moved on. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm an Illinois fan too, and they essentially have no football team.

I am a little excited about the Illinois basketball team, but I'm trying to keep things in perspective. I started reading some of their message boards this past year and it's easy to let those things get you over-excited. Hopefully the new basketball coach will turn out better than the new football coach.

Otherwise... it's a Monday. That's about it.

No comments: