Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Rundown, run-down

I believe both of those words are in noun form. In other words: here is a short summary of what's happening and how I feel about it...

I haven't run since the half-marathon on Sept. 29. I started feeling a bit run-down that week prior, and still am. I've had eye problems, a head cold, an ear infection, and I still have some lingering sinus issues. Not to mention some personal stuff I've been dealing with. Let alone all the problems I usually carry around for other people. Mostly I've just been feeling pretty blah. I am tired and run-down. The bright spots are the new grandson, and the now-old-seeming granddaughter.

What's weird is, less than a month ago I was feeling on top of the world. I was approaching 50 and felt like I was in better shape than I'd ever been in in my life. And in a few short weeks I feel like a tired old man and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Funny how fast things can change.

One of these days I need to start running again, and lifting weights. I think it's as important that I start lifting as running - even with the measly amount of weight I use - because tone and strength are just as important to me at this stage of life as a cardio workout. I am probably done running outside until next Spring. But even on the treadmill will have to wait. I just don't have the gumption at the moment.

I know it's only temporary, but some days it hardly seems worth it. I'm so tired of all the politics, and church fighting, and loneliness.

One of these days...

No comments: