Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday, mlk, and more

It's a Monday morning and I am alive. I wasn't so sure about that at times over the past few days.

Son Isaac gets back from Las Vegas today. He arrived there Friday night for a family weekend with his soon-to-be-in-laws.

I am praying today that the granddaughter will get over whatever she has had lingering on for the last week or so. I don't like it when she's not happy. I can tell she just doesn't feel good. The grandson, though, has got to be the happiest baby I've ever been around. It is so easy to make him smile and laugh. I was not aware that one of the benefits of breastfeeding was that babies get extra immunities from their mother. I wondered why he was the only one not to get sick. So I'm glad for that.

It is also Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Jane actually has the day off AND they didn't schedule a meeting! I always like reading his 'Letter From A Birmingham Jail.' And one of his quotes that has been fairly frequent in my mind lately has been: "In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Fortunately, lately, it has made me thankful for the handful of friends we have who have stood by us/me. Silence can be so harmful to relationships.

Well, it's a bitter cold day here in Indiana. I believe it is around 18f and is supposed to get down around 0 the next couple nights, with highs in the single digits the next two days or so. Brrrr.

Time to turn over another week. A new opportunity to see who I can piss off this week. Hopefully you know I'm only joking, but I sure seem to be on quite a roll lately. A little self-examination is in order today (a little more than usual, I should say).

Peace out; and in.

No comments: