Monday, March 18, 2013

Necktie

I wore a necktie for our Sunday morning worship gathering yesterday. It is the first time I've done that since probably 1999. I survived.

I had actually been thinking of doing it for some odd reason lately. I used to really hate wearing neckties, but when I bought my new suit... something changed. I had never had 'nice' neckties before. There's something about them that makes them... nicer.

Anyway, the reason I decided to wear one yesterday is because it was St. Patrick's Day, and the only green clothes I have aren't appropriate for me to wear on a Sunday morning (a sweatshirt and a t-shirt). One of the new neckties I got has some green in it, so I wore that instead. Even though... I know Protestants are really supposed to wear orange, but... whatever. Fort Wayne is a very "St. Patrick's Day" kinda town. Almost everyone wears green.

So, like I said, I am kind of warming to the idea of wearing a tie. In fact, I could see myself dressing nicer on a daily basis should the need arise. We'll see.

No comments: