Since I didn't post a "five things" friday, I will post them a today. I know your life would be incomplete without them...
1. The lovely wife and I went to a doubleheader Tincaps game Thursday night. It was a cold and rainy night, and there were hardly any people there, but we had fun anyway. They only play 7-inning games when it's a doubleheader.
2. We got home from the game and I had an email from a niece asking if I would officiate her wedding this fall. I have done, or will have done, my daughter's, son's, and now a nephew and a niece. Those are the best things about my job. Nothing could be finer.
3. I think I am going to have 9 weddings this year - 6 of which I am officiating. So far. I have never had anywhere close to that many in a year.
4. We have those stinking little whirly-gig/helicopter things from Maple trees all over our yard and house. Argh. I need to do some removal, but I hate to do it too soon because I know more are on the way. (I actually filled half the garbage bin with them on Friday).
5. I am hoping to see one of my best friends from high school this weekend. I think I have only seen him one time since then. He has lived most of his life in Korea since he graduated ROTC from college. He still lives there but just had a boy graduate from the U of I. One of the funnier stories from H.S.: we both played football - he was a guard and I was a running back (he played guard at Knox College too) - and one time I was running down field and he was cutting back to block someone.... We made eye contact with one another and ran right into each other. It knocked me out cold. I saw stars and everything. I always thought that was just kind of funny.