Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Migraine

I think I had a migraine headache today. Of course whenever you mention 'migraine' someone will inevitably say, "that wasn't really a migraine"... So in the event that it wasn't a migraine - I had one nasty headache today. It is the worst one I can ever remember having. Though I might have had worse, but this one seemed worse because it was most recent. In any event, I have had one bad headache this entire day.

I woke up during the night and my neck was stiff and sore, so I took some Tylenol and went back to bed. When I got up this morning I had a slight headache, but didn't think much of it. I thought maybe it was just the storms that were supposedly brewing. So I took some more Tylenol and went about my day.

I was actually supposed to drive to Illinois today and wasn't real excited about driving through the rain that was, again, supposedly coming. As the morning wore on, and the headache got worse though, I started to have my doubts. I was sitting at the computer and my eyes starting being funny. It wasn't that I couldn't see, but everything was weird. It's hard to explain. I finally decided to lay down for awhile and ended up back in bed with the shades pulled. I woke up around 11 am and it hurt even worse but at least my sight seemed better. The front of my forehead, behind my eyes, and my teeth were sore though. So I took more Tylenol and ate something and took another nap.

Carrie texted me in the afternoon and asked me to help pick up their car at the garage and I was able to do that. Once I got back home I lay down again though. Ugh.

I just now took some Advil Migraine at 5:45. I was hesitant to take it since I'd already taken so much Tylenol, so I only took one capsule instead of two. We'll see how it goes. Man, talk about a wasted day. I am really glad I didn't drive to Illinois though. I don't think I could have handled Chicago traffic feeling like this.

No comments: