Monday, November 25, 2013

Trip to buda

I took a solo trip to Buda at the end of last week. I left home Thursday just before noon. It was an okay trip, but not without some difficulty. First, when I went to change from I-80/90 to I-80/94 the exit ramp was closed (bridge was out). I just kept heading into Chicago and eventually came across I-65. I knew that crossed I-80, so I jumped on it and sure enough came to the road I wanted. Then, pretty soon, traffic came to a crawl. For probably 20 miles it was stop and go. Apparently there was a wreck. It took forever, but I finally made it to Buda just about supper time. I think it took me about 6 hours.

There were two basic reasons for the trip: We weren't going to be able to make it to my parents' for Thanksgiving, so I thought since I didn't have anything else to do I would pop over for a visit. Plus I thought I would help them get their house prepared for winter. My mom had a list of things needing done, and we got it all accomplished. It was mostly just moving her potted plants, putting up Christmas lights, raking leaves, and a few other odd jobs like that. I also put a new shower head on the upstairs shower. It works much better than the old one. I spent most of the day Friday working outside. It was cold, but felt good to help out.

Thursday night we had vegetable stew at my parent's house. Friday night we went to Red's and I had a really good hot turkey sandwich. Later I went to Brother's and hung out there for awhile. I talked to Joe C., the Bowman's, and Terry & Kathy came in for awhile.

I intended to leave early Saturday morning but didn't wake up as early as I'd wanted. I think I ended up leaving Buda at 9:30 am. I had a good trip back to Fort Wayne with only one stop. I made it in 4 1/2 hours. There was some fairly heavy lake-effect snow from Chicago to home, but at least it hadn't stuck to the roads yet.

I arrived home at 3 pm (our time) and the Feipel's were already there. Isaac & Ricci showed up shortly after and we had our family Thanksgiving meal around 5:30 Saturday night. I ate waaaaaay too much.

My mom also gave me two big boxes of toys that used to be ours (some of which used to be mine), and we spread them all over the living room floor and had good fun the rest of the night.

So, that was about it.

No comments: