Sunday, December 29, 2013

New shirts

I actually bought 3 new shirts yesterday. I have told myself that I don't need any new clothes, but I thought it might be nice to have a sweater (all my sweaters are either too small, too big, or too old). About the only thing I have with long sleeves are either sweatshirts, flannel shirts, or dress shirts. I'm okay on the first two, but I was a little short on "nice" shirts that I didn't have to tuck in. You know, something I could wear to church or to a party. I always used to wear dress shirts on Sundays when I was pastoring, because I needed something with buttons for the lapel mic. Now that I don't need to accommodate a microphone I really have no need for tuck-in dress shirts anymore (I will have a uniform shirt once I start working). So... Jane had gotten me a scarf for Christmas from Marshall's, and while it is a very nice scarf, I already had four that I hardly ever wear. So I asked if she would mind if I traded the scarf for a sweater. She didn't, so off to Marshall's we went. Of course I found three that I liked and I couldn't decide which one I liked best. One was $13, one $15, and one $25. Jane told me to just get all three. So I did. I left the tags on two of them, and I'm pretty sure I will take at least one of them back, but I like them. I'm going to wear one of them today!

2 comments:

MR said...

I'm wearing a shirt that says "My Grandparents went to Florida and all I got was this stupid shirt!" ...okay, I'm not, but if I could find one, maybe.

Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't buy any polo shirts :)