Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another diet

Jane and I have started on the New Lifestyle Diet this week. It's another of those protein-based diets where you buy pretty much all the food consisting of a lot of drinks/shakes/pudding, then meat and vegetables. This one relies even more on protein drinks and snacks than the previous one we did. Most of the drinks can also be made into pudding by just adding less water. They're actually pretty good. We get a shake/pudding/soup for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and before bed. We also get a snack bar for lunch. Then for supper we eat a hardy meat and vegetable meal. Plus loads of water. It's kind of nice that there isn't a boatload of salad like the other one, but I kind of wish it didn't rely so much on artificial foods. Whatever. It is much cheaper than the previous plan we did.

It's funny, because neither of us have ever been fad dieters. We really liked the results of the previous one we did though, and we needed something to take off the holiday weight and get us back in running shape, so... here we are trying this one.

Personally, I would like to lose at least 10 pounds. I would like to stay at 150 or less. I would be pretty happy with 140 though (20 lb loss), but I'm just not sure I can maintain that. If I run a marathon this year I would like to run it at 140 though.

So, we'll give this a shot for a couple weeks (or maybe a month). At least all the stuff I've tried so far tastes REALLY good. I haven't been too awful hungry either. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: