Sunday, January 26, 2014

It happened one saturday (holiday party, circus, cleaning)

Yesterday was kind of a busy day. Jane had to work - and she got the am/pm wrong on her alarm clock - so she was in a hurried rush right off the bat. I had left the camera from my work in my coat pocket Friday, so I had to run it back up to Dupont. When I left the house I forgot my phone and felt naked the whole time. I was to meet Jane at the West end Spyro's for lunch and made it there just in time. After lunch we were to babysit Bennett while Drew Carrie took Anna to the circus. We decided that Jane would go babysit while I would go back home and start cleaning the house. We are hosting Anna's 3rd birthday party today, and now that I'm working again I hadn't been keeping up on the cleaning. So I picked up, dusted, mopped the kitchen and upstairs living room, vacuumed upstairs and down, cleaned both bathrooms, changed the litter box, and I even cleaned off the treadmill (the sweat). I got done just before 6 pm, and just as Jane was getting home, and we had just enough time to shower and get ready for her employee "holiday party" at 6:30 pm. It was at the Botanical Gardens. They had food stations set up in various places, and a band playing. It was okay, but we didn't really know too many people since it was the entire organization. The food was good anyway. Then we stopped off at our favorite spot for awhile and headed home.

I do have to say... I like having a clean house. It just feels better this morning. And I don't mind doing the cleaning myself even. In fact, I kind of like that too.

Now it's snowing again. Ugh. We are going to try to make it to the first service at church today. We've never been to that one. Then we start getting ready for the party!

No comments: