Thursday, January 02, 2014

Walter mitty

We went and saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty at the movies yesterday. I have never been a big fan of Ben Stiller, but I liked this movie. Not only did he star in it, but also produced and directed (I believe). It wasn't all that flashy or 'spectacular,' but it was one of those movies where, when it was over, no one left... everyone just sort of sat there. I mean that in a good way. It left you with a good feeling. I recommend this movie for everyone.

On a seemingly unrelated note, something I thought very interesting were the previews. Granted, this is only a PG film, but 3 of the previews were Christian oriented. There was a preview for 'Heaven Is For Real,' 'The Son of God,' and 'Noah.' I don't know that I'm interested in the first one, but the latter two actually looked pretty intriguing to me.I just thought that kind of... odd. Sort of like, maybe it's going to become cool to be a Christian again. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

1 comment:

Jim L said...

What I see as heartening is a movement to reclaim Christianity. Or maybe to put it another way to get it back out of being a co-conspirator with the seat of power and back into the streets where it belongs.