Saturday, February 08, 2014

The rich mullins movie

We drove down to Anderson last night to view the new Rich Mullins movie: Ragamuffin - the true story of Rich Mullins. Carrie went with us, and we met Isaac and Ricci there. It was a very nice evening. We went back to Isaac and Ricci's home afterwards (in the basement of the Exodus House).

Jane and I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time. There is no possible way to explain the impact Rich had on our lives, but it was also interesting that the film was directed and produced by a guy that went to Anderson University (where son Isaac went). As with all of my movie "reviews," I have no idea how good the movie really was... I only know the impact a movie has on me. This movie had a huge impact on me... That's all I can think of to say about it. It touched my soul in a way that it really needed to be touched. When he started playing 'Hold Me, Jesus'... even now, as I write this, it seems to stop time. Hmm...

So, for those of you who may have no idea what I am referring to, here is the plot summary of the movie from IMDb:
A documentary feature film based on the life and legacy of Rich Mullins. Rich Mullins was primarily known as a Christian singer songwriter, but he lived recklessly and furiously through this life before dying in a car wreck over 15 years ago. He was boldly honest, ruffling the feathers of both Nashville and his fellow Christians, and gave up fame and fortune to live on a Native American Reservation teaching kids music and the hope of the gospel of Jesus. Thousands, including many current artists, would claim to have been impacted by the life and legacy of Rich Mullins. Hear from those who knew him best about his life from beginning to end.
 - Written by J.B. Waggoner

I really can't think of anything else to say. It was good for me. It made we want to read 'An Arrow Pointing to Heaven' again, as well as 'The Ragamuffin Gospel.'

Yep... that's about it for now. 

No comments: