Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

This was a very different Easter for us this year. We did not attend a Maundy Thursday service. Instead, we bought the car that night. MT used to be one of my favorite services of the year. We also did nothing for Good Friday. Jane was off work from noon to 3, and I think she went shopping with Carrie and the kids. I worked the whole day. Friday night we went to Curly's with Mike, Kenny, and Dr. John.

Easter Sunday we slept in, then went to the Feipel's house for breakfast around 9:30. After that we went to church at 11 (the normal time). There was a pretty good crowd. It was weird to just sit in the audience and none of us had any responsibilities. When we got home Isaac and Ricci were at our house... in their NEW CAR!!! Ricci got a Subaru Crosstrek. It's pretty nice. Anyway, we went to lunch at Azars. They have the best pancakes in town as far as I'm concerned.

The Feipel's came over in the afternoon and we hid Easter Eggs for Anna and Bennett. They were a blast to watch finding the eggs. Jane got a couple nice videos and pictures which she posted to Facebook. We hung out outside the rest of the evening, and had an Easter supper together with everyone. It was a good day - even though I ate way too much food and candy.

So, all in all, a very different Easter this year. It was still nice.



1 comment:

Jim L said...

Azar's, home of the Big Boy? Boulder had one when I was growing up but it is no more. The one thing I remember (besides the statue) is they had great seasoned salt on the tables.

And with the dramatic changes in my life, this Easter was strange for me, too. Last year I ran the Tenebrae service on Good Friday. This year I'm not even in a church (although I did go to church on Easter with Mom and Dad).