Sunday, April 06, 2014

The grand budapest hotel

We were hungry for popcorn yesterday so we decided to take in a movie. Jane wanted to see The Grand Budapest Hotel. I hadn't even heard of it, and didn't realize it was a Wes Anderson movie until after it started. I'm glad we went, because I LOVE Wes's movies, and this one was a good and funny as all the others.

As far as a movie, I'm not sure what recommendation I would give. It's another one of those with no car chases, violence, or pretty girls... but if you like sly comedy and a good story... it's worth the popcorn. It had a ton of stars in it. Off the top of my head: Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Ed Norton, Adrien Brodie, Harvey Keitel, Willem Dafoe, and... some others.

I am sort of a Wes Anderson newbie, but I have liked all his movies that I've seen: The Royal Tenebaums, Life Aquatic, Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited, etc., etc.. I think most people either really like his movies, or they don't. They are definitely on the 'different' side. I like them. It was a nice time.

No comments: