Friday, August 22, 2014

An old arrow...

I was sitting down to write something this morning and I noticed that someone had reached back into my archives and was taking a gander at this old post from 2009. I was writing much better back then, and about much more interesting topics. So I thought I would re-post this quote from James Bryan Smith's great (great) book, "Rich Mullins: An Arrow Pointing to Heaven." At the time I was lamenting my need to re-read it. I still do. It was such an impactful book for me. Anyway, this is the quote I posted from it.

From p. 2...
It was more than a picture. It was the summation of a person's life, a symbol that said more about who he was than mere words can. Rich Mullins was a man who stood among the ruins - the ruins created by his own faults and failings, the ruins that result from the ravages of time. In the midst of the ruins he pointed to heaven, to the God who bundles our brokenness and heals our wounds. He felt the winds of heaven as he stood upon the stuff of earth and pointed, through his words and his music, to something larger than even our own dreams. Rich Mullins was an arrow pointing to heaven.

No comments: