Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ric flair sighting

I was never a big WWE fan or anything, but my son used to be. He is now working/studying as a chaplain one day per week at a hospital in the Atlanta area. The other night he was telling us that one day he was in the cafeteria with some other chaplain students and hospital workers, and this guy shuffles in with his hospital gown and slippers on, dragging along his IV stand. Isaac said his very first thought was, "That's Ric Flair," but he didn't know for sure. One of his fellow students was a big wrestling fan too, and he was sure! So when they left the cafeteria the other student let out a big holler for him (apparently one of Ric's trademarks). They asked their teacher about it later, and he confirmed that it was, indeed, the Nature Boy himself.

I checked online, and sure enough he had been hospitalized for something. I'm not sure what it was, and I hope he's okay, but I thought it was nice that Isaac got to see him up close and personal.

No comments: