Thursday, September 18, 2014

So long, cyst(a)

It's hard to do something interesting with the word "cyst." But the extra knuckle on my left hand - which I just mentioned in a post yesterday - actually dissipated last night! I stopped to have a beer with a buddy, and I was just telling him about going to the doctor yesterday and was going to show him the lump on my hand... and it was gone! I was like, "What the heck! I swear it was just there! It's been there almost three months!"

Well, it finally dawned on me that we were drinking out of these big mugs; and I was putting my hand through the handle - instead of grabbing it by the handle - so the cyst was pushing against it. Apparently there was enough pressure that it just popped the sucker. I didn't even notice.

So now it looks a little swollen in that area, but there is no more cyst. I guess that is okay. Very ironic though.

SMOKING UPDATE: Day 4 ended up going splendidly. I was alone at work most of the day, and it was really slow, so I spent a huge chunk of time reading and writing blog posts for later use. It was nice, and I was calm and relaxed all afternoon and evening.

1 comment:

MR said...

proving, once again, that beer fixes everything.