Sunday, November 30, 2014

Turkey dinner, x-mas decoration, motorbike stuff

We had our Thanksgiving dinner last night. Jane (and Anna) made all the fixins... turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, noodles, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy, cranberry stuff, rolls, pumpkin pie, chocolate dessert, and Carrie brought her carrot casserole. Wow, I way over-ate. It was all fantastic though. We will most likely all have leftovers after church today ("all" meaning, us and the Feipel Five).

Jane also got our Christmas decorations out yesterday. Last year we left both trees together with the lights on and put them in the laundry room in the basement. So yesterday I just brought the one tree upstairs and put the other one in the downstairs living room. Jane and Anna hung the decorations, and Jane also put the lights on the two bushes outside. There are other various Christmas-y things throughout the house too.

I messed around with trying to winterize the motorcycle. At first I was going to drain the gas tank, but I eventually decided to just use that Sta-Bil gas treatment stuff. Of course, when I went to start the bike the battery was already dead. So I texted Dr. John and asked if I could come get the little trickle charger he told me I could have. I swung over and not only got that, but he also gave me the 3 motorcycle helmets he had left (including the one he was wearing when he totaled his Harley). It was kinda like Christmas!

So it felt like we got some stuff done yesterday. Although... I do still need to put the plastic on the inside of the living room windows upstairs. And some other stuff. Meh. I think now I will have some leftovers from last nights supper for breakfast, then it's off to church. I like going to church again. Most Sundays.

No comments: