Saturday, June 13, 2015

Golf day for work

Yesterday was the annual golf outing for the people I work with. It's actually a fundraiser for another business the owner of our business operates, and he gives us all the option of working or playing golf all day (paid). So... this year there were seven of us that participated: me, Drew, Kyle, Karen, Kendra, Colin, and Michael. A former employee, and cousin of Kyle's, filled out the roster. My foursome consisted of me and Colin in one cart, and Drew and Kyle in the other. I think we finished last again, and I'm not really sure how, but it didn't matter to me.

It actually rained on me all the way up there, but once we started it just sprinkled a couple of times. The course was soaking wet though, so we couldn't drive the carts anywhere except on the cart paths.

Colin had never played golf before, so he shared my clubs. The sad thing is, by the end of the day he was hitting better than I do. Ugh. This was probably the worst game of golf I have ever played. I finally just sat in the cart most of the time and would putt when we got to the green (we were playing 'best ball').

I don't think I will probably play next year. The thrill is gone, so to speak. We will see.

I went to work from 9:30-11:30, then headed up to Kendalville to the Noble Hawk Golf Club. It took about 1/2 hour. I think I got home around 6 pm or so.