Saturday, June 20, 2015

I ran the ribfest 5k

Today was the 3rd annual Ribfest 5k in Fort Wayne. This was my second time - I also ran in the first one. I was glad to see a good crowd, and it was a great morning for a run! Also, according to the race organizer, this is the first time the city has allowed a 5k to cross Clinton St - which was only the case because parts of the regular course were under water from the recent flooding.

It started at 8 am at the Calhoun St. circle. Jane and I ran together, and I think we finished in somewhere around 33 minutes (I ran it in 27 the last time). We didn't push ourselves, and just enjoyed the jog. Drew and Carrie also ran (this was Drew's first 5k) and they also ran together, but finished well ahead of us.

This 5k is such a great value for us. Ribfest is my favorite of all the Fort Wayne festivals, and if you register for the 5k you get two free tickets (each), plus your t-shirt gets you free admission into Ribfest anytime you wear it. It's a bargain at the $15 pre-registration rate, but I also got a discount since I had ran in it before. A sweet deal, indeed.

I wore my new shoes and they worked well. Next Saturday it's the Zanesville Lions Club 5k. I haven't run that for a couple years either, and am looking forward to once again doing it with M'Lady.