Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Mowing and other mind-altering maladies

Yes, I mowed the lawn yesterday. Once again I did it on the highest setting on the mower. It looks nice like that. However, I did not want to do it. Ugh.

I used to love to mow. Now... not so much. I haven't been keeping up, and I haven't been doing a very good job of taking care of the yard in general. I just don't care much. If we had a neighbor kid that could do it I'd be tempted to pay him. Although I do still like the looks of a just-mowed lawn with straight lines and all.

So as I was begrudgingly pushing the mower around last night, I also starting thinking about how tired I am of writing these little ditties on my blog about... when I mow the lawn. I mean, how stupid is that? I swear though, at one time a couple years ago, I may or may not have had a mini-cult following of people who knew me as "the mowing pastor." I regularly had hits through google using that exact term. Just what I always wanted to be known for...

Anyway, it may not be the mowing, or even the blogging about mowing that has got me down. I had a really good coaching session with Tom this morning. He brought a lot of things to mind for me. He also spilled his coffee all over the table, but I don't think those things are connected. I will likely be posting some about it later. For now... I'll just keep it simple.